Skip navigation

Looking for CJT850Y

Back to the top
Wondered if anyone knew the whereabouts of this 1983 Lhasa green 1.8 Gti??
It was a 1 owner original with all the paperwork when I sold it some 10 years ago. Won't tell you how much for and I'm sure it'll be worth several £k more now!  I see It's MOT 'd but SORN'd.
Wouldn't mind it back …..
Thanks.

Back to the top
Hello, I owned CJT850Y from 2010 to 2014 - I will see if I can dig out some pictures!

Back to the top
small world ….
Looking back, I sold it in 09 or beginning of 10 after 15 years.  I let it go to a guy who said he was going to keep it original and restore it (and who'd call me if he ever moved it on) - should've known better.  
Guess he sold it on to you shortly after?  Are you on the IOW?  I spoke to the chap who sold it last July who told me he bought it from Ventnor in 2014 and had it for 5 years.  He sold it last year to someone in Dorset but didn't have any contacts.  He was in Kingston - had a nice telephone conversation with him.  The car still has all the paperwork and is still original.  
So that's owner 1 (Doctor's wife in Bournemouth - don't recall her name), owner 2 (me), owner 3 (the guy I sold it to), owner 4 (you), owner 5 (the chap I spoke to who sold it July last year).  So, just owner 6 (current since 29th July 19) missing from the picture of 37 years history.  
Wouldn't mind tracking it down, even if the current owner doesn't want to part with it.  If anyone on here knows its whereabouts?  
Thanks for replying Luke.  

Back to the top
Sounds like you have most the timeline - just the last bit to go!  I got it from a guy called Musafa in Slough - he or his brother was in the motor trade.  Yes, I sold it to a guy called Neil who lived in Kingston.

This is what it looked like when I sold it.

I haven't looked at the forum for ages so its just by chance i saw your post!

photo C2.JPG

photo C4.JPG
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.