Skip navigation

STY 33Y or CCX 103Y

Back to the top

Anyone seen these Gti's?

Fellow GTi owners,
I know this is a huge huge possibly impossible search, however, when I was living in the UK I owned 2 Gti's both 1.8 MK1's, these were all that mattered to me in my younger days, but as circumstances changed I was forced to sell my beloved GTi's. Now some 35 years later I still have fond memories of those cars. I lived in East Yorkshire at the time of ownership and the Reg no. STY 33Y Black GT i went to a buyer in the North East possibly Newcastle area the Red GTi CCX103Y Reg. no. went to Scotland somewhere.
Does anyone know if these are cars are still on the road ? Has anyone seen them ?

I would be absolutely floored if they turned up.  Is there a Reg No, data base that you can search up a vehicle or is it just the Police that have that access ?
Thanks

Mel.

20171228_094131.jpg

20171228_095445.jpg

Back to the top
Sorry can't help with any knowledge mate.

Good luck with the hunt.

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
You can check if they are Tax'd and MOT'd on the DVLA website and also any more recent MOT history.

STY 33Y - Tax due 22, 4, 1995 also says its Green?

CCX 103Y - Tax due 1, 2, 1997

unlikely that they are still around but they could be sat in someones garage still.

Website for Tax checking-
Check if a vehicle is taxed - GOV.UK

Back to the top
Many thanks for the link sp8y.  Like you said, it's probably not around anymore and long gone. Shame. If I hadn't left the UK I'm pretty sure I'd still be the owner of the red one.

Kinda hoping someone on this forum may have seen it or know of it. Someone may still contact.

Back to the top
Great to dream . Good luck.

Back to the top
Hi,
I bought CCX103Y at GTI International in the late 90s.
I took it home to Northern Ireland.
I think it then went to south Ireland.
Get in contact if you want some pictures.

Back to the top
good luck in your search. all us golfers love to think of these beauties running for ever

Back to the top
Giveitsomewhellie. I just sent you a picture of your old Golf
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.