Skip navigation

Ireland Tour 2017 - Wicklow Mountains

Back to the top

29th September - 1st October

Wicklow Flyer.jpg

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Mk1 Golf Owners Club Ireland Meet Wicklow 2017 - is on the weekend of the 29th September - 1st October 2017

Now in its fifth year the MK1 Owners Club Ireland Region takes its tour and heads East for the weekend of Friday 29th September to Sunday 1st October.

Every year club members from home and abroad have travelled and this year we hope it will be no different.

We have an action packed weekend planned - highlights being our meet and greet on Friday evening, our classic car cruise around the country twisty roads of the rugged Wicklow Mountains on Saturday and a group activity yet to be decided on Sunday!

This is a great weekend and has grown in numbers every year - some spectacular scenery,  great roads and of course the great cars!

A real fun day out in your mk1 golf cabriolet or tintop! Pack a picnic and take in the scenery!

Lawlors Hotel Naas, Co Kildare is our base for the weekend, located just outside Dublin and within easy reach of the mountains. Special rates have been agreed and are as follows:

Arrival Date: 29.09.2017 x2 Nights BB + 1 Evening Meal

€308.00 (€154.00 Per Person Sharing) - Twin/Double

€224.00 - Single

Arrival Date: 29.09.2017 x2 Nights BB Only

€268.00 (€134.00 Per Person Sharing) - Twin/Double

€204.00 - Single

Arrival Date: 29.09.2017 x1 Night BB + 1 Evening Meal

€179.00 (€89.50 Per Person Sharing) - Twin/Double

€124.00 - Single

Arrival Date: 29.09.2017 x1 Night BB Only

€129.00 (€64.50 Per Person Sharing) - Twin/Double

€99.00 - Single

Arrival Date: 30.09.2017 x1 Night BB + 1 Evening Meal

€189.00 (€94.50 Per Person Sharing) - Twin/Double

€130.00 - Single

Arrival Date: 30.09.2017 x1 Night BB Only

€139.00 (€69.50 Per Person Sharing) - Twin/Double

€105.00 - Single

Booking is essential by contacting Lawlors Hotel @ 045 906444 where 10 Rooms are reserved and are available on a first come first served basis.

For more details on the gathering and car cruise check out the following websites:

http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk or www.golfgtisportline.com

Cheers Hugh

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
From the UK side of the pond so far we have myself and Stu Waterworx going.

Both have booked the hotel for the 29th and 30th, two might B&B and one evening meal.

We wil be travelling on the Stena Line as follows:

29th Sept - 13:50 - Holyhead to Dublin
2nd Oct - 08:20 - Dublin to Holyhead

Cost at the moment is £281.20 for 1 car and two passengers using the discount codes summer17 or payday.

Booked "The Dawson Hotel and Spa" for the Sunday evening in Dublin Centre for a night out in Dublin and easy access to the return ferry!

Would be great to have more come over from the UK, Hugh puts on a fabulous weekend!

For those that are not sure and want to book the hotel the number from the UK is 00 353 45 906444

Last edit: by lhasadreams

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

Re:

lhasadreams said

Looks so welcomeing amazeing vid.. thnx

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Ireland Tour 2017 - Wicklow Mountains

lhasadreams said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Just a few pics from last year…

IMG_3819 (Copy).JPG IMG_3838 (Copy).JPG IMG_3884 (Copy).JPG IMG_3905 (Copy).JPG IMG_3967 (Copy).JPG

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
I am missing all the fun this year, my rotation is not working in my favour at all this year.
Andy

Back to the top
Just a bump on this weekend which is only two months away now.

I have completed a provisional route but will do it again in my mk1 to check it for problems etc. It's a full day out in the cars from 10:30am doing about 120 miles. Few nice rest spots for pics and lunch. 

We have 4 rooms remaining to fill in the hotel which will be released back to the hotel in the coming weeks for general release. So best be quick! 

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Booked!

Back to the top
This is an initial time-frame for the weekend…

Friday 29th September

17:00    UK based Mk1's arrive - link with some Dublin/NI based owners

18:30    Check into Lawlors Hotel Naas Co Kildare

19:00    Meet and Greet - Make your own plans/arrangements for food.

Saturday 30th September

08:30   Breakfast

09:45   Depart for Tesco/McDonalds car park

10:00    Mini meet @ Tesco car park Naas (just off the N7) meet/greet giving time for cars to arrive

11:00    Depart for Classic Car Cruise!

Taking in Russborough House €2, Blessington lakes, Wicklow Gap, Glendalough, Laragh, Rathdrum, Avoca, lunch in Redcross, Ashford, Roundwood, Powerscourt waterfall €6 per adult, Glencree, M50 back onto N7 and then Naas. Couple of option on return leg back to Naas.

Grill plaques, stickers, maps, and route will be provided.

13:30    Lunch at Wicklow Brewery - Mickeys Finn's (Soup, Sandwiches, Tea/Coffee ordered @ €11.50 pp).

17:30    Arrive back to hotel

19:00    Mk1 meal in Lawlors Hotel Reservation at 19:30

21:30    Evening at leisure!

Sunday 1st October

08:30   Breakfast

09:45   Morning checkouts….depart for Newbridge Silverware, Newbridge, Co Kildare. Museum tour and Shop.

14:00    UK visitors booked for barge trip in Sallins, Co Kildare (Max 12 persons) €20 each.

16:00    UK visitors depart for Dublin city hotel - almost over for another year!

Enjoy the weekend.

*All Times are approximate

lhasadreams Waterworx Yomp

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Looks fantastic thanks Hugh!!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.