Skip navigation

Annual Gathering 2016 SAVE THE DATE!

Back to the top
Dear MK1 fans!

We are all still buzzing from the success of the 2015 AG given it was such a great event and grew further on our previous gatherings.

However, there's no resting for us and we are pleased to announce the dates for the 2016 AG will be Friday 29th - Sunday 31st July.

Additionally, we are pleased to announce that we shall be moving the Annual Gathering to Stratford Racecourse.

Stratford Racecourse :: Home

We believe that this new venue will give us the benefits that we have already experienced in the last few years at Uttoxeter, but with the flexibility of changing some key points that have come out in the feedback from this year's event.

Keep your eyes peeled for our AGM mini site and ticket sales going live - but we will of course announce that too so that you don't forget!

We're excited for 2016 - we hope that you will be too!

Best wishes
The Committee

Banner

Back to the top
Well done for the early date for people to organise things 👍

Glad I've sold my mk1 as another 1hr30 further South is no use to the Northern half of the country.

I was considering popping down to see the quality of cars if it had moved further North but not driving 5 1/2 hrs 😁

Hope it goes well as it always does as its well organised by the Committee  😊

Back to the top
Not on my doorstep anymore so might have to get one of those canvas and pole things to do two days… Last time I did that i was a Boy Scout!  Great that it avoids my hols a week later though.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Ah a change of location. Thats cool and dates are already booked. Excited for this Stratford looks nice too

Back to the top
Great location!  :thumbs:

Well no promises but I going to try to go next year but there's one huge stumbling block.

We are moving one of the places I work to a new location in Vienna around July or August.

The last time we did that it took a full 3 weeks from start to finish but the kicker is months before the move the management slapped a blanket ban on annual leave for the months of July and August.

No exceptions and only for the I.T Staff!  :dry:

So let's see what happens but if I do make I'll do a 'Fly Drive'!   :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Thanks for the feedback so far. It's been a massive decision to move and I know its not going to suit everyone but we take everything into consideration every year :)

Banner

Back to the top
ooo exited just need to get me sunday at work covered and am good to go.

Back to the top
golf Cabrio I hope you can make it Mike, it would be great to meet you in person at long last!!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Hangover and fancy dress booked in the diary  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

golf Cabrio I hope you can make it Mike, it would be great to meet you in person at long last!!

Hairyarse
It's not been for the want of trying I can tell you Andy!  :thumbs:
Three years ago my son prevented me.
Two years ago my daughter insisted on getting married the same weekend in Bournemouth.
Last year it was work.
 O_o

Back to the top
Send advanced notification to your relatives not to be doing anything that weekend!!  :thumbs:  :lol:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Great choice of venue. 1st one for me, but will be there for sure.

Back to the top
Close to me so I will first  :P

Back to the top
An extra hour for me but once a year, who cares!!!

We are in a car club people…. Drive them and get to the AGM. It's worth the effort.

Back to the top

Dano said

An extra hour for me but once a year, who cares!!!

We are in a car club people…. Drive them and get to the AGM. It's worth the effort.

Exactly!  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Awesome date is booked and already planned :thumbs: New venue is a 100% positive move as Mk1 and dog shows didn't really go to well ;)

Im LMAO at the amount of people complaining that its 65 miles further south !! what jokers lol

Bring on 2016 !! Lets make this the biggest ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Back to the top

SANJP said

Awesome date is booked and already planned :thumbs: New venue is a 100% positive move as Mk1 and dog shows didn't really go to well ;)

Im LMAO at the amount of people complaining that its 65 miles further south !! what jokers lol

Bring on 2016 !! Lets make this the biggest ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

haha its a long way south in a knackard owld golf

Back to the top
If its survived 30 plus years 65 miles aint going to kill it dude :):) Plus just think if it breaks down at AGM you will have 100 Mk1 super engineers to help you fix it !!;););)

Back to the top
mine only does the 3 mile journey to work at the minute i wouldnt trust it to go any further let alone a 500mile round trip. am looking forward to it tho.

Back to the top

SANJP said

:lol: Agree. Its a car club FFS. O_o  Bunch of Big Girls Blouses  IMO.

My advice is If you don't like driving then maybe old cars aren't for you!

Take up another hobby like…………….knitting!

Did I mention I only live 20 miles away  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.