Skip navigation

Rolling Road Shoot Out

Back to the top

Rolling Road Shoot Out

I don't know if we can have it or not so will have to check with the management at the racecourse but how many people would be interested if I could secure a rolling road to come to the A.G.???

Cost - £45 a test, minimum of 20/day required to make the trip worth while for the operator. Obviously, if I can get it cheaper I will but I need to know SERIOUS interested parties who won't back out.

Back to the top
If the bogeys ready I'd be interested

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
I'd like to watch but I can tell u already how many bhp mine has. Not many lol

Back to the top
i'd have a couple of runs in my diesel .. i would like one with normal boost pin in my aaz and one with the legendary rover boost pin fitted just to see what the actual difference is ..

Back to the top
If I make it in the gti, I will deffo have a run  :mrgreen:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Come on guys. If you want to find out who's the Daddy get your names down and I'll make the approach. If there aren't enough names then it's not worth me trying for YOU!!!

Thanks to you who've replied.

Back to the top
Great idea and if I had my silver gti ready I'd have a go (rebuilt the engine) but it's not.  Come on people I'd love to see this in action and some of your motors look seriously original/modded… be good to see the variation

Back to the top
Dano this is a great idea, and if you get enought people will be great to watch, i cant see the racecourse having too many problems, noise shouldnt be a problem if its in the day.

i need mine to get me to AGM back and Germany so unless i have a change of thought on the day think i need to resist :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
I asked the racecourse and I'm waiting for a reply. We can site it over by the main stand - where the showers were last year.

The operator needs a minimum of 20 per day to make it worth his while travelling.

I asked if the engine would be thrashed because currently I only have about 400 miles on the refurbed engine. The operator said that he doesn't thrash the cars but a red line reading would be needed.

More the merrier please??

Back to the top
Go on then, put me down! Always worth a laugh, would make a cracking article for a mag write up ;)

Back to the top
if I have the spare cash, then I wouldn't mind sticking my standard 1.3 on to see how many of the controlled german stallions have waddled out over the years

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
It may be useful to use to find out if you have faults and how to recitfy them as well.

Thanks, as soon as I know either way I'll let you know. Its a three way chicken and egg situation!!  8O

Back to the top
I will be up for that, interesting to see how many horses have escaped from my work in progress!!!

Back to the top
diesels had donkeys instead of horses so theyre sloggers  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

Bert said

diesels had donkeys instead of horses so theyre sloggers  :wink:
Bert

Lmaooo :lol:

Back to the top
Go on then Dan, put mine down for a run.

Diesels on a rolling road, now that will be a lot of black smoke !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
1. mAtt-
2. richyhill
3. Bouchay
4. X
5. yemaaaaaa
6. Lhasadreams
7. ant5

Come on guys - are the Donkey Diesels joining in too??

This could be a non starter without a business case from you guys. No 'Yeses' = no rolling road and one less trader. Get your money out!!! $$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!

Back to the top
We have got a 'YES' from the racecourse management so that's good, all I need now is for the operator to pick the phone up or answer my voice message!!

Oh, and some further support from you guys!!!

Back to the top
Just in case the guy doesn't phone me back, do any of you know of another mobile rolling road firms????  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Sorry dano just seen this post, I should be up for this, stick my name down

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.