Skip navigation

AGM vs BugJam

Back to the top

AGM vs BugJam

So how many people made it to the AGM who asked for a different date away from BugJam?

Year on year we've had 'it clashes, can you move it?'

So we did - did you come? If not why not…. we moved it to be fair to YOU!!!!!  :dontknow:

Back to the top
I came and loved it, Im also off to Bug Jam on Friday so big thumbs up to you for moving the AGM!

Cheers Dano

Chris

1983 Mk1 Golf Gti 1.8 - Black
1999 Toyota Hi-Lux - White
2008 British Bulldog age 1 - Red & White
2009 Range Rover Sport - Black
2012 Mitsubishi Canter Tipper - Orange

Back to the top
I don't know whether it was just the different location to last year, but there seemed to be a lot more public crowd on Sunday, so I think you done good by moving it.

:dontknow: just me?

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
The 11 people who said they would rather attend Bug Jam in the link below had better have attended! Where are you  :detective:  

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=111518

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

The 11 people who said they would rather attend Bug Jam in the link below had better have attended! Where are you  :detective:  

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=111518

Rajan, thats exactly what I'm looking for!! Its 'only' 11 but that equates to £330 in the clubs coffers.

As a committee who will immediately (and have done) start looking to next years' event we need to have answers please.

Back to the top
And on the flip side of course one of the reasons for the low percentage turnout could be having it during school term preventing those who have to travel far from coming on Friday and thus less willing to set up camp just for one night. Pity as its billed as a family friendly show with bony castle, etc

Banner

Back to the top
Why not try having the agm in August next year? Say 9th aug weekend :dontknow:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Just to let you know the weather around the 6th July isn't normally very good, I know as that my birthday :(

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

James_W said

Just to let you know the weather around the 6th July isn't normally very good, I know as that my birthday :(

Ah!!! It wa you who said that, I couldn't remember who it was!!!!  :lol:

This weekend doesn't look that great either and this weekend would have been our 'normal' weekend.

August - Again, holiday time for a lot of families.

We've tried different dates, different locations and different styles as organisers. What we need are more members from around the country to attend.

We'll be looking at other options as well so stay tuned!!  :wink:  :shhh:  :shhh:

Back to the top
Last year I had a choice, Bug Jam or the AGM (Sunday only) I chose Bug Jam but it was purely for the racing because my brother had never seen drag racing before. I made it to the AGM this year on the Saturday, had a real good time and the drive out was ace. I really want to camp next time and make a full weekend of it. Please keep the dates separate as I love both of these shows for different reasons.
I would also like to say a big thank you to all involved with organising the AGM, I can not imagine trying to organise the show. Where ever and when ever you hold the event I will be attending. Keep up the good work  :notworthy:  :clap:
Paul

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
Last years AGM fell on the last day of my school year calendar, and I found that the traffic driving up on the Friay afternoon was a nightmare. But the weather was much, much better then. This year with the rain being so bad on the Friday, this obviously turned people away from attending. So do we play off worse weather against a clash of dates? Which one would turn the most away from attending?

Back to the top
personally I would prefer it be in the school hols, maybe the last weekend in july 1st week in August?. I see the arguement about it colliding with peoples hols but if you know the date  plenty in advance you can work around it :-)

as for bugjam  I wouldn't go there at £50 (advance VW) per person for a camping ticket..

cheers
Tony

Back to the top
Dano, apart from the people who respond on this topic can't you pm the guys who are the 11 in rajan's comment? For us personally it's the same old thing. We can go to numerous events at the pod during the year but there is only 1 AGM. Thanks again  :D

Back to the top
I like the idea of the weekend ending July/August,but it would,nt make much difference I will attend the A.G.M. whenever it is or what it may clash with.I think the weather threat kept some away this year and they missed out big time because it all went extremly well as far as I am aware.Roll on next one :D  :D  :D

Back to the top
Sparstu - if folk don't comment then they loose out next year!!  :wink:

Andybury - I like your attitude! And I love that photo, have you put it in for calendar consideration????

Back to the top
Thanks Dano!, just put some piccys up..... think its all about contributing the more the better :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.