Skip navigation

**The Mk1 Golf Owners Club Gallery is now live**

Back to the top

**The Mk1 Golf Owners Club Gallery is now live**

As the title states I have now made the gallery Live for all to view and see.

The gallery holds a mixture of old adverts relating to the mk1 golf, and also a collection of scanned copies of VW brochures for both the hatchback and also the cabriolet.

It is by no means a finished gallery and will continue to be added to as the collection of the brochures and images grow.

You can find the gallery from the menu bar at the top, under modules and then gallery2, or just by clicking this link here Gallery
You will also be able to see a random image from the gallery from the homepage which will also take you to the gallery.

Any problems you find with it, then please direct them to me and I will look into it.

If anyone has any other brochures or mk1 related media they feel could be of benefit to the gallery then either contact me or Dano.

Thanks Kenno

Back to the top
no worky both click and the other 1(gall 2) :dontknow:

Back to the top
carnt find it

Back to the top
Hold on give us a sec

Back to the top
What is it actually saying when you click on that link.
In the top menu under modules, what does it say when you click on gallery2. ?

I have tested this under another account in 2 different browsers and can access this fine.

Let me know

Thanks Kenno

Back to the top

Kenno said

What is it actually saying when you click on that link.
In the top menu under modules, what does it say when you click on gallery2. ?

I have tested this under another account in 2 different browsers and can access this fine.

Let me know

Thanks Kenno

if i go up to the top and click modules gallery2 it opens a new tab but doesnt load anything ?

Back to the top
Works for me Kenno great work !

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Nice one, don`t you just love it when a plan comes together  :mrgreen:

What browser are you using, I have tested this is Internet Explorer7 and also Firefox and is working.

I will try and see what the problem is and come back to you, so I guess for now the gallery ain`t as live as I would of liked

Cheers Kenno

Back to the top

chudd said

Works for me Kenno great work !

Must of been typing at the same time, not that the gallery is browser dependant but what browser you using mate

Back to the top
Firefox

This is the link i am using The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Doesnt work for me on firefox either

Back to the top
all the links posted up don't work for me, comes up with the title in the header bar and gives me a blank page :(

MK1 16v on twin 40's + my name's Stewart

Back to the top
So all you guys are getting is a blank white screen, what link is in the browser menu when this is happening.

Can you just try something for me please, Log out of the site altogether and clear your cache files and then close your browsers down,  and then revisit the site, and try again.

Can none of you even see the home page random image on the right either

Thanks Kenno

Back to the top
signed out, tried it and it worked…

signed back in, tried it and same blank screen

Back to the top
I have just downloaded a totally new browser (google chrome) to try this out, and I can access the gallery straight off without the need to even log into the site.

I am thinking this is a cache issue with the browsers, but I am no expert will keep looking into it

Cheers Kenno

Back to the top
i use google chrome, but didnt empty the cache as i have no idea what that is!! or how to do it!!

Back to the top
I am still working on the issue that some members can gain access to this and others can not. I can see that members have been able to view the gallery, and have also tried this out with numerous test accounts and different browsers and am able to view.

I will let you know when I find the problem.

The members that can view it, can you view it all without any problems what so ever

Thanks Mark

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Hi Mark,

Well it worked perfectly last night on my Mac and iPhone on Safari.

Today I am getting the same problems as the other guys, a blank screen.

I have tried, Firefox and Chrome as well - same thing.

I have now tried another computer and that does the same.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Yes am sorry about this, for announcing it and then it not bloody working. I will keep trying to sort this.
There seems to be an issue with the integration of the users to the gallerys database, which I guess is not letting members view it while logging in.

I don`t have any more time at the moment to carry on trying to sort this, so for now you can only view the gallery while not actually being logged into the site, I know its not ideal but its the only work around I have at the moment guys.

Really sorry about this

Thanks Mark

Back to the top
I have now re-integrated the user data base, so I am hopeful this will allow you to view while being logged in.

I have tested again in another account and different browsers and works for me. Can you all re-test and give me some feedback please

Thanks Mark
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.