Skip navigation

Bit Of Mirror Polishing PG39

Back to the top

My Rivage Restoration

Im in no rush for mine if he wants to finish yours first.

Does he open sundays?

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Im in no rush for mine if he wants to finish yours first.

Does he open sundays?

Yea sometimes he does open if he needs to crack on with stuff….you won't find Mal there on  sunday though

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
Ah rite lol.

Ill ring him tomorrow for a chat.

Back to the top
I visited the bodyshop earlier and its starting to take shape.

They had a few customers who didnt drop cars off this week so they pretty much just worked on mine.

Theres still quite a bit that needs doing but its getting there.

Excuse the poor quality phone pics.

Last edit: by BigNormRivage

Back to the top
Looking good 8) Hopfully mine will look like that 1 day :mrgreen:

Back to the top
You will be getting more excited by the day young man  :cheer:  :drool:

Back to the top
I wish I had the opportunity to actually take mine off the road for a full respray. Using it as a daily, so won't get the chance without taking time off, but were that muddy at the mo that I don't notice anyway Lol.
I love the colour, and with the badges n decals, It's going to look amazing!

Back to the top
Are you finding it stressful Ceri?

I certainly did this time last year, whenI was hunting an original wing and sorting the hood etc!!

Back to the top
Bouchay - cheers mate, the respray almost didnt happen at one point.

Massbad69 - tell me about it, its a nice feeling to see it coming together. Its first outing will be the AGM.

Kaylee81218 - mine was being used as a dailey but me and the future wife have just bought our first house so my new dailey will be her ford ka :-)

Back to the top

Dano said

Are you finding it stressful Ceri?

I certainly did this time last year, whenI was hunting an original wing and sorting the hood etc!!

I was at the beginning Dan but luckily the only parts I need to source are new side trim, side indicators and windscreen seal so quite easy to find.

I think the most stressful bit is funding it all :-)

Back to the top
Nice one Ceri - car is coming together all right - exciting times - looking forward to seeing this complete at the agm.

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

It is when The Man finds more rust than anticipated and more fabrication is requiried!!  :banghead:

Back to the top

Dano said

BigNormRivage said

It is when The Man finds more rust than anticipated and more fabrication is requiried!!  :banghead:

Thats what I was dreading the most, luckily it was just the slam panel and filler neck hole needed attention.

I knew they did before hand so not to bad.

Back to the top
My other half's daily is a mk2 1.8T, and newly converted, so I'm still not allowed to touch. Boys and their toys!

Love the build thread anyway :)

Back to the top

kaylee81218 said

My other half's daily is a mk2 1.8T, and newly converted, so I'm still not allowed to touch. Boys and their toys!

Love the build thread anyway :)

Cheers.

That not a bad daily car isit ;-)

Back to the top
Big Norm you going for a colour change or is it just the phone ? What was the paint code of the original LC5N ?

Back to the top

Cero said

Big Norm you going for a colour change or is it just the phone ? What was the paint code of the original LC5N ?

Its being done in the original colour LC5N.

The photos I posted are in primer.

Back to the top
Picked up this little kit earlier from my local poundland.

If any of you have fitted the badge refurb kit then you will know that they slightly overhang on some letters which in time will lead to them peeling off.

Was going to use a stanley knife to trim any excess off where needed but mine was to bulky to use.

Should be much easier with this kit.

Back to the top
Top work with the badges, are there kits available for all mk1s or just the cabbys? (im thinking tintop gti)

Back to the top

das_auto said

Top work with the badges, are there kits available for all mk1s or just the cabbys? (im thinking tintop gti)

Im not sure mate.

Best to PM 'chortle' for more info.
There are too many online users to list.