Skip navigation

Midlands Festival of Transport, Easter Sunday 23rd March

Back to the top

Midlands Festival of Transport, Easter Sunday 23rd March

Great to meet a few guys off here, put a few faces to names etc!

Cool show I thought, good to see a few unusual cars and the plane engines were awsome!!

Whos was the mustard yellow 5 door on the end of our row?

Back to the top
very sorry i didnt make it,

i went to a weeding on sataday and my boss was buyin the drinks all night and i got dragged to town after words aswell

i ended up sleeping in a back of a van cause i didnt have enough money to get home and spent most of the day by the toilet

sorry

mk1 golf gti in porsche ocen blue and polished porsche 7slots

Back to the top
Jonny, the mustard yellow or orange mk1 was Rob's (Robmk1)

Ans4r great photos, I only got 4 photos all day and they're the same as what have already been posted.

Justin we guessed the drink was probably to blame  :lol:

Scuba I've had that problem before, a weak link in the mk1's design  :banghead:

I didn't get round all the trade stands yesterday, so this morning I thought I'd be a little cheeky and go again, so flashed yesterdays exhibitors pass at the stewards and they waved me through   :mrgreen: then parked in the car park and looked at the trade stands (bought a few things), then found a mk1 cabby in a classic car display  :y: .  Was a bit warmer this morning, but the wind seemed to pick up again as I left  :? , sadly the Merlin engine broke its oil pump during yesterdays performance, so it wasn't on display today…shame.

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

Jonny, the mustard yellow or orange mk1 was Rob's (Robmk1)

Ans4r great photos, I only got 4 photos all day and they're the same as what have already been posted.

I was really taken with Robs mk1!! I liked the wheels and the ride hight! (its inspired me to get mine that bit lower!!)

Just wanted to say thanks to you too Warren for organising it all,we had a good laugh at the show and was good meeting everyone,
Plus ive now got the bug to do more on my cabby, I must admit I had lost insperation to get her back on the road!

Cheers  :wink:

Back to the top

jonnymk1 said

That will be mine  :D

Almost forgot to say many thanks to Warren for organising it  :clap:

Back to the top

Robmk1 said

jonnymk1 said

That will be mine  :D

Looked really cool mate propper retro!!

Back to the top
Cheers dude. Will hopefully look a bit better when ive got rid of the rust!

Back to the top
how much did your banded wheels cost?

Back to the top

alexHxC said

Theres a group buy on banded steels on club polo at the mo about ?250 if you supply the wheels, can do what ever width you want

Back to the top

jonnymk1 said

alexHxC said

Theres a group buy on banded steels on club polo at the mo about ?250 if you supply the wheels, can do what ever width you want

o yea haha you told me at the show

Back to the top

alexHxC said

jonnymk1 said

alexHxC said

o yea haha you told me at the show

Oh yeah! I forgot too!! D'oh! :doh:

Back to the top
Good price ?250. Does that include p+p?

I know someone who lives in Holland who makes regular trips over to here. They were ?200 including his petrol money.

Was a favour though so doesn't do it all the time.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.