Skip navigation

German Road Trip

Back to the top

German Road Trip

BoomBip said

Is the 'ring' a definite? Im not totally against the idea as Im quiet happy crusing around taking in the sceneary. But if theres only a couple of people wanting to go round it out of say 15-20 of us. Is it worth the extra time and travel cost. Who actually wants to go round?

This is the question that needs to be asked………….

WHO WANTS TO DO THE RING !!!!!! lol

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top

Ginner said

Dave !!!
On a Sunday as well !!
Is the ring feasible ?

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Ginner said

Dave !!!
On a Sunday as well !!
Is the ring feasible ?

Only asking a question lol…….

If enough guys want to then yes it is, if only a couple then the ring is out.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
There is a premium motor sport event there the day before which may make the place incredibly busy if it's reopened to the public on the Sunday.

Events Calendar

Banner

Back to the top

Ginner said

It has been suggested by Sir Gammy that it would be possible to take in the "ring" on the way, this would take the form of going to the ring on the Sunday travel, hotel it that night in the area, spend 2 hrs there and travel to Wolfsburg for lunchtime on the monday check in, the have a drink or 2 in hamburg that night and Tuesday doing the factory and museum.

With a spare day in the itinerary for the Monday,  I said to Dave,I'd be happy to  travel to the Ring on Sunday (280miles) and stay in hotel there Sunday night, then have Monday morning at the Ring and leave the Ring midday and travel up to the Wolfsburg to join those that went direct to Wolfsburg from Dunkirk.

Granted it's an additional 150 miles to the overall trip mileage, but I  would rather take the opportunity to see and do a lap of the Ring while in Germany, rather than sightseeing on the Monday.

The Monday is a spare day and to be honest, I'd probably jump in the Mk1 and go the Ring, so instead of going to Wolfsburg on Sunday, I'll be detouring to the Ring on Sunday, staying for the night  and catching up with the group on the Monday evening at Wolfsburg

Ew, the big event at the Ring is on the Saturday, it'll be quieter on the Monday  :wink:

Back to the top
I'm still up for this dave, hope my names still down !
Going to the ring doesn't intrest me but I'm happy to go if the majority want to :)

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Put me and Ben33 down for this!!!
Hazel

Back to the top
Your in Hazel.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top

GHIA said

Put me and Ben33 down for this!!!
Hazel

Sorry is that 1 or 2 cars ??

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
I'll have a bit of that, not fussed about the ring tho, rather spend more time at Mecca or have a mooch round Dunkirk  :cry:

Probably need 2 car spaces, one for Emma

Stu

Back to the top
Sorted there Stu.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top

Waterworx said

I'll have a bit of that, not fussed about the ring tho, rather spend more time at Mecca or have a mooch round Dunkirk  :cry:

Probably need 2 car spaces, one for Emma

Stu

You gonna get some bleach from duty free  :roll:  :roll:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
here is some info from the ferry company on low clearance of cars

Hi Haydn

Please find attached the booking form please return once completed along with payment details.

If the vehicle as added body kits or been lowered on they will not be able to go up the ramp, If they are the standard Mk1 Golf not been modify they will be fine for the car ramp.

Kind Regards

Sarah

Haydn

Regional Host South Wales

Back to the top
hi all
trying po ferries with same question about ground clearance
haydn

Haydn

Back to the top
cant wait for this :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
i am thinking of travelling from south wales to dover with a stop over at tha clacket lane services between j5-j6 of m25 that puts it about an hour from dover, there is a days in at this services which is £60 per night for 2.

hugh
maybe if you travel on friday night ferry to pembroke i could meet you at j33 cardiff west services on m4 then go on to m25 etc

richy
could meet you at one of the services on m4 or if you are not staying over night you could call in to services at m25 j5-6

maybe a bit early for this but have been looking at hotels nearer dover and they are booked already

haydn

Haydn

Back to the top
my car has no body kit but it is lowered. does this mean i can not come? :(

Back to the top
My Car is lowered but i am thinking that they are on the asumption of seriously lowered cars, ie slammed to the ground.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top
can we get minimum ground clearance information?

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

can we get minimum ground clearance information?

I will get on it in the morning.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner
There are too many online users to list.