Skip navigation

Annual gathering 2011 or bug jam

Back to the top

Annual gathering 2011 or bug jam

Can u believe it two big shows set on the same weekend :-( I've been on the Vw scene for a number of years now but have chose this year for my mk1 to take to a few shows and was planning on go to both of these this year as I have a number of friends that go to bug jam every year in there campa vans etc, then I seen the annual gathering more about mk1's but is the atmosphere as good ????

Same weekend and carnt do both whitch one are u doing and why ??  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Atmosphere was awesome last year. Everyones really friendly and you can go from group to group n chill n chat.
Some gd times spent going to this show last couple of years

Back to the top
without question AGM

i wouldn't even consider big jam :)

Banner

Back to the top
Never been to BugJam but for me….

BugJam = air cooled

Mk1 Gathering = errr, Mk1's!!!!

Simple, no contest.

We may not be as big in the show department BUT we make as much effort to provide a good time!!!

Back to the top
Me and the Mrs have been going to Bug Jam for ages.....but this year it AGM for us!!! :cheer:

Banner

Back to the top
got to be agm, last year was my first, i knew nobody and everyone made us feel welcome, brilliant atmos, great weekend nuff said

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
I've been going to Bug Jam for years, last year I went to my first AGM.

I'm an aircooled and watercooled fan.

It's the AGM again for me this year!
 :cheer:

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top

CabrioAnna said

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: for the journey you will be making  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
AGM for us, it is just down the road and a much better vibe than the air cooled scene, IMO. Plus with being a paid member of the MK1OC it sort of makes sense to go.

1989 MK1 Golf Clipper
1999 Ford Cougar 2.5 v6 (soon the nightmare will be over and car gone)

Back to the top

ans4r said

CabrioAnna said

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: for the journey you will be making  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It's a bit of a no brainer really! I can walk home for a shower :dance:

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
Sorry but this must be the daftest question I have ever seen on here :lol:

Why would anyone with a Mk1 want to go to "Bug Sham" :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

Why would anyone with a Mk1 want to go to "Bug Sham" :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Maybe it's more than a question if u really look at it yes ofcourse everyone is going to say the agm weekend on a mk1 forum but what are the ppl like that actually ???? Sometime may help if u look beyond the obvious :-)  make the world a lot more of an interesting world :-)

Back to the top

leer32 said

A5OPY said

Maybe it's more than a question if u really look at it yes ofcourse everyone is going to say the agm weekend on a mk1 forum but what are the ppl like that actually ???? Sometime may help if u look beyond the obvious :-)  make the world a lot more of an interesting world :-)

All I can tell you is last year was a good crack all round to get the best of the AGM you need to be there either on the Friday night or Sat morn and camp

the road rally is always good fun with almost 100 mk1s driving down the road

the party on the Saturday night is always good fun and its fancy dress as well the atmosphere is always good as it like minded folks altogether and its good to catch up with guys you only type to on your PC.

why don't you check out the reviews of last years show http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=60

the problem we will always have is clashing with other shows and getting the venue on the dates we want if you look at the VW show calender there is a show somewhere every weekend during the summer.

as in all good game shows "The choice is yours" :D

Back to the top
The AGM wouldn't have clashed with Bug Jam if VW Action guys hadn't gone and booked Uttoxeter Racecourse for the following weekend (Sunday 31st july for a new show called "Lazy Sunday") as the first choice date was going to be July 29th -31st, I reckon the VW Action guys saw what we did last year and thought the same as us……….Uttoxeter = Good venue  :wink:

Back to the top
I haven't decided yet.

Who can convince me that Bug Jam is a better show than the Annual Gathering?

T :wink:

Back to the top

Tian said

I haven't decided yet.

Tian its a great show "Bug Sham" I think yoiu should go :wink:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

"A5OPY" said

Have you ever been to Bug Jam?

Although its mostly air cooled stuff, a lot of people there just appreciate the older VW's.

Banner

Back to the top
last year there was a vw show on at north weald in essex which clashed with the agm.Think there was one other mk1 there and i remember thinking wish i had gone to the agm. especially when i saw the photos . If i can it will be the agm for me . Is there anything for the kids to do????

Back to the top

Tian said

I haven't decided yet.

it isnt…job done!

:mrgreen:

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top

Red-or-Dead said

A5OPY said

Have you ever been to Bug Jam?

Although its mostly air cooled stuff, a lot of people there just appreciate the older VW's.
I appreciate that and that's why I go to many VW shows throughout the year but the question was which one should they go to, considering this is a dedicated Mk1 club and the show is dedicated to the Mk1 it seems a no brainer to me as there are the choice of about a dozen VW shows to go to through the summer but there is only one show just for the Mk1.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.