Skip navigation

1983 Black Tin-Top 1.8 GTi - ENTERTAINING VIEWINGS/OFFERS

Back to the top
Model: 1983 1.8 GTi Tin Top

Spec/Trim option: GTi (Non-Campaign)

Year of manufacture: 1983
Mileage: Odo reads almost 96k (Clock changed so est mileage 120k)
Price: REDUCED TO £7,000 - open to sensible offers
Contact details: Paul 07795 085545
Condition: Was restored when I first bought it 9 years ago. Body work is good but there are a few bubbles in the usual places that need seeing to. Interior is very good.
Service history: Lots of service history including old MOT's, Tax discs, invoices. I spent around £15k restoring the car when I bought it 9 years ago (receipts to prove)
Mot expiry Date: 6th May 2020
Taxed or sorn: Taxed

Description: The day has come when I have to painfully sell one of the last original 1.8 GTi's left on the road. I have owned for 9 years and when I purchased her there was no expense spared, new wings (pattern) , bonnet (genuine VAG), bumpers, AP coilovers, the list goes on. The car was also resprayed by Harris Coachworks in Bedfordshire.

I have kept the car garaged most of the time I have owned and have never SORN. Now I have 2 young kids and I am not doing more than a handful of miles a year between MOT's the time has come to let someone else have her.

She is a real head turner everywhere she goes and I'll be sad to see her go. She needs someone with the time and love to look after her, to give her the love and care needed. It's a shame I don't get to drive her more, so hopefully she goes to a home where she will once again be someone's pride and joy.

Throughout my ownership I have spared no cost, using Crazy Quiff for service and parts. He know's the car so if you know him feel free to ask. I've tried to keep her as standard as possible apart from: AP coilovers, BBS RA wheels, Pioneer head unit and VIBE sub in boot (which you can have if you want), stainless steel exhaust.

Looking for as close to £10k as I can get. Have spent more on her down the years, but that's just the way with classics. You buy for the love, not to make money! :)Let me know if you have any questions, viewing welcome.

Paul
1.png 2.png   4.png 5.png 10.png 9.png 8.png 7.png 6.png 11.png 12.png 13.png 14.png 15.png

Last edit: by UniroyalGTI

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.