Skip navigation

Cab 3 Point Rear Seatbelts - options

Back to the top
Hi, Does anyone have a solution for 3 point rear belts for a cab? I was going to buy a set from crazy quiff but the these are now £600 and I can't justify or afford that. Wife has stipulated kids can't go in the back with lap belts and pitched the car on the basis I could get rear belts sorted.

Anyone know of any other options or have a set sitting round they would sell?

Thanks

Back to the top

Back to the top
I made brackets for mine my self out of 8mm plate welded in I might have photos.    What I can remember when get started easy enough job as loads room only fault if adults sit in back sure doesn't go over your shoulder.    Ok for kids and child seats

Back to the top
Thanks, it would just be for the kids in the back who are 10 and 11.

I've taken a punt on the parts above. Hopefully I can have these bolted in somehow. Just need to sort the belts etc.

Back to the top
The vw parts turned up and I've had these welded in. Can anyone recommend which seat belts fit in the rear?

They will need to be vertical mount with a small enough buckle to fit though the mount. The original parts 155-857-805 don't seem to be available anywhere.

Thanks

Back to the top
The belts out of a 1995-2003 Cabrio should work.
Some mk2 and 3 jettas both have vertical belts in the rear.

Take the receivers as well.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
The main question is -
"Can you afford to gamble on a cheaper option?"

CQ's will have been tested and strength ensured, making your own is a potential recipe for disaster in the even if an accident. 

Just a thought. 

Back to the top
Thanks re the thought of the later cab belts I'll see what I can find online. I did email crazy quiff to see what they use but have not had a response.

Re the brackets, I used the original VW brackets and had a local fab company who work on race cars to weld them in. The brackets have now come down in price to about £100 for the pair, so if I can source cost effective belts this should work out the most cost effective solution I could find given the CQ bracket price rise.

Back to the top
3 point belt installation complete. The mk3 cab belts worked spot on thanks, they even fit the original receiver perfectly.

Cost more than anticipated, but that was purely the welding, which could have been a lot less.

20240719_163953.jpg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.