Skip navigation

Introducing the yellow cabriolet

Back to the top

Introducing the yellow cabriolet

Finally got around to uploading some photos…

1983 1.5gl cabriolet in yellow, its the nuts!

Back to the top
looks a crackin motor mate :)

i likes it :D :D

Back to the top
Didn't spot you there!!  8)

Looks bright and fresh. Are you putting a small front spoiler on? I think that it would tidy it all up.

Whats the interior like??

Back to the top
Hello everybody and welcome to my mk1 golf!
I bought the car this time last year from a elderly gentlemen from bury st edmunds ( note the original vindis vw audi bury st edmunds dealer sticker in the rear window). the man I bought the car from bought it for his wife as a present, she never drove it and it sat in his garage,  he was the second owner, he had the car for 6 years, the first owner was a doctor and owned the car from new.
I found the car on ebay, I didnt let the car go to the end of auction, I phoned up and arranged a viewing a couple of days later and proudly drover the car home.
The car has done 68009 miles, the interior is especially good. the seat are immaculate and it still has the original radio cassette.
When I bought it it had a vinyl roof with a tear in  so I changed it for a mohair jobby, £360 fitted from car hood warehouse spankyou very much!
Since I have had it I have serviced it and changed the timing belt, painted the timing belt cover and pulleys.
I have thoroughly cleaned under the bonnet and brought the paintwork up to date by polishing it about a billion times (although the paint was all good when I got it), I have also changed the wheels from gti wheels to some lenso bsx, it also came with the original 13" steels ( they were stolen by another user of this site but thats a different story entirely (scum))
I have fitted some coilovers but have kept the original suspension for if i ever want to make the car standard again.
I have owned a couple of vw's before this, a modified polo 16v and mk4 golf turbo, this is my favourite and Im gonna keep this car forever.
It only gets used in the summer and is wrapped in cotton wool in a barn under a cover through winter.
This is my first and last mk1 golf (why sell!!), Im comin to the agm in july, i'l be by myself as the missus and mates aren't interested so come and say hello if You see me billy  no mates by the car!
Finally I wonder if any one can shed any light on a something. the car is a 1.5 gl but its got 1.6 printed on the engine is this normal??
I love my volkswagen golf mk1!!!  :D  :D  8)  8)

Back to the top
is it a genuine yellow one? or a colour change?

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
its the genuine colour, I think its lagos yellow.

Back to the top

Dano said

Didn't spot you there!!  8)

Looks bright and fresh. Are you putting a small front spoiler on? I think that it would tidy it all up.

Whats the interior like??

I was thinking bout a front spoiler but I think it looks quite cool without, im in two minds

Back to the top
Really nice motor mate. I like

Back to the top

yellowcab said

its the genuine colour, I think its lagos yellow.
yeah it should be, mine was the same, loved it but 1.5 is a little weak in them i think.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Love it, the colour's great :)

Back to the top
Needs front spoiler, small or GTI 'duck bill' (I'd keep it simple and fit a small one) and sill strengthners need painting matt black along with front panel support behind grille. Otherwise bright car.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
That looks wicked mate ! Love yellow golfs. I'll be popping over to have a look at the agm :)

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top
That's definately one to keep for life. She's a beauty for sure. The wheels and stance are spot on. Keep the rest as it is.

Mk1 Rivage Cabby on coilovers + VR6 Brakes

Back to the top
Love it! Any pics of the interior and engine bay?

Back to the top
That's a great looking cabby, cool find!

Back to the top

Kerbside-Timbo said

That's definately one to keep for life. She's a beauty for sure. The wheels and stance are spot on. Keep the rest as it is.
thanks mate  :)

Back to the top

coyote said

Love it! Any pics of the interior and engine bay?
thanks  :)
I'l upload some more pics of the interior etc next time my brother comes round, Im Rubbish with computers, cant upload pics  :redfaced:

thankyou for all the positive comments about the car.

Does any one know if its normal for the 1.5gl's to have 1.6 stamped on the front of the engine?

Back to the top

Back to the top
Nice looking cabby mate !!

As for "billy no mates" at the AGM we are all welcoming and everyone is a mate so no one is left out.

Look forward to meeting you there.

Cheers Dave.

Cheers, Dave.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.