Skip navigation

run to the sun, Newquay May 2011

Back to the top

run to the sun, Newquay May 2011

Am going in my ibiza cupra. Too for my llittle mk1. Its 350 mile from cumbria... :-(

Back to the top
Yeah I'm heading up there on the thursday for the week :) say up i'm coming from bournemouth, its a joke A and B roads all the way so 150 miles is gonna take the best part of 4 hours according to google maps!! Have heard its gone a bit chavvy so will definately be heading straight for the vw only camping!

Back to the top
i will keep an eye out for all you guys this week will be nice to see more mk1 down here as normally its just me in our vera :(
like i said in the other post all my vw friends no longer stay on the rtts site anymore as its full of nobs they stay over my way now in perranporth we take over the local pub good times all vw owners and no boy racers in sight,  we have a drive into newquay to the show and shine which is now on the big field next to morrisions where they have the circus. £2 to get in and look around.

p.s
The weather in perranporth today is the rain that gets you soaked :(

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

Keiron foster Forever Fund for Meningitis UK

xxx jen xxx

Back to the top
I grew up in Newquay but live in herts now an have been to rtts weekend for last 2 years but stay at hendra holiday park as it's less rough. Will be heading down in my mk1 gti on Friday morning, should be on the a1 at baldock by 08:15 if anyone wants to convoy. I don't think u can beat Newquay really for a weekend away, loads to do and u just steer clear of the chavs etc, they get everywhere anyway! Look out for Lhasa green on g60 steels, y reg, 4up!

Back to the top
Right I am leaving late Wednesday after work to hopefully bet all the traffic on Thursday morning I am staying at the RTTS site feel free to come and say hi I am heading down in the mk1 its grey and has a black roof with chrome bumpers a few of the Milton Keynes people may have seen it at there meets or if you went to Santa pod on mothers day.

Am I right in reading the show and shine has move then to near where Morrison's is because it's always been in town up the big hill?

If anyone wants to meet at RTTS call me on 07745154537 Aaron.

I love Classic Lambrettas, Vespas & Mk1 Golfs.

Back to the top
yeah mate there is a big sign up i went past it the other day when i went to morrisons its where they have the circus just down from hendra on the big roundabout :)

xxx jen xxx

Back to the top
Well the mk1 is all packed ready for the trip just hope it makes it there just got to go and get me beer tommrow and fill it with some petrol.

Bring on the sunshine please. Don't like the rain

Back to the top
ohhhhh so jealous i was supposed to be going but slowly all my mates seem to be letting me down don't really fancy camping on my own :( next year maybe i'll make it

Back to the top
Sounds familiar to me dainish! its gone from about 10 peopls going to just 3 of us in my mk1 now! but hopefully will be a good laugh and same as anyone else if u see me in the vw only camping come n say hello! mine will be the maroon 5 door with cream dishes on the wheels :)

Back to the top
today we have sunshine and blue sky in perranporth :)
will be nice to see some mk1 down my way for a change dont forget to wave or flash coz im always miles away when i'm driving ha ha x

xxx jen xxx

Back to the top
Yea down at the camp site the Mk1 made it all 266miles tent is up and first cup of tea drunk. Loving it

Back to the top

Retro said

Yea down at the camp site the Mk1 made it all 266miles tent is up and first cup of tea drunk. Loving it
Did you bring this weather down with you  :cry:  :cry:
Will keep an eye out for you nice to no that there is another mk1 in cornwall for once instead of just me  :lol:

xxx jen xxx

Back to the top
Just found out my mk1 won't be ready to bring and I'm so utterly butterly and fed up. Really spoiled it for me. Will be in an MG zr, like that's gonna get any waves. :-(

Back to the top
if you see me wave and i will wave back :)

xxx jen xxx

Back to the top
Myself, Dave (Black79dub) and a few others are now in Newquay….going to check out the show n shine today!!

Not in the MK1's though today. Was a fair drive from Kendal yesterday, took about 10 hours to get here due to the major traffic.

Back to the top
Anyone go to the show and shine on Sunday, wasn't to bad could of been better but overall cars were good super busy though,

Not many mk1s in the show n shine, anyone get any good pics I didnt take many

Back to the top
This year was a major dissapointment for me im affraid... too many drug dealers...too many knobs... security at a very minumum. deaths and robberies just bring the good name down. sorry. but still think newquay is the best place in the uk.

Back to the top
This year was a major dissapointment for me im affraid... too many drug dealers...too many knobs... security at a very minumum. deaths and robberies just bring the good name down. sorry. but still think newquay is the best place in the uk.

Back to the top
Can't comment on the festival part didn't camp only went to the show n shine which I thought was ok

Back to the top
i thort that it wasnt as good as the past few years but it still was a brilliant weekend for me. it seemed to me like there wasnt as many vw's there this year

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.