Skip navigation

Project BBQ aka Up the middle Finger! - Jins '83

Back to the top

Project BBQ aka Up the middle Finger! - Jins '83

1.8T in the cabs gonna be pucka John! the 020 will have a honourable life (&death  :twisted: )…flies on the other hand, seen a new use for em here  :lol:
Well outa love with my cab as its been a ice box recently, taking longer to wam her up and clear the windows then it does to get to work  :mrgreen:

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
Absolutely bloody brilliant work! 8O That paint job has turned out unreal! 8O You'd expect that to have been a pro job after seeing the final result 8)

Your old man is a legend too! :lol:  8)

Back to the top
loving the progress :) got my eyes locked on for updates
can you tell me where you brought your new mk1 gti crank bolt from
my g60 crank pulley had a wobble on and the bolt needs replacing with the stronger mk1 but struggling to find one can't evan find the part number ???

Back to the top
Nice progress!

Back to the top

jinsta said

When i plonked me seats in, i also put in some harness's, but the ends for em were designed to loop through a roll cage/harness bar (this aint my car btw)

I'm glad thats not your car, thats a shocking locating point for harnesses.

Back to the top
Thanks for the kind comments Chaps

I do really need to pull me thumb out and get this finished - got 99% of what i need to get the old girl done, so just need to lock myself in the batcave for a bit - weathers improving so hopefully soon!

Also adopted these two recently which doesnt help….got to get them a vw rabbit badge for their pad :)

(Snowey&Fluffy)(inherited names  :wink: )

Yffims - Crank Bolt & Washer were direct from the VW dealers - Not sure where you located, but the Chisick Parts branch been pucka and took time to ETKA various bits (most just low value too) and get them transfered in for me…me more local branches just couldnt be bothered (I did read the old PG one was replaced by VW too and now shared the DX part number)

JonP - Deffo looked dangerous that - brace itself is quite nice but he sold it before i had the chance  :(

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
cool rabbits!!

Back to the top
love the bunnies. do we need a pet section?

Those braces look nice but i'm not sure how much they do for stiffness, not much to locate on to that well imo.

Back to the top
did you bake your box after painting with the VHT paint?

Back to the top

JonP said

did you bake your box after painting with the VHT paint?

I wished mate, but just didnt have the facility to do it really - all the bits got a small sun tan for few days, but hoping will cure itself fully once then the engines running and bay heats up  :roll:

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
Hi Mate with did you get the plastic bush from for the rack can you still get them made ?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.