Banner

Skip navigation

Welcome to The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Hi Guest, welcome to the best site for the iconic VW Mk1 Golf - we hope you enjoy your visit !! Click here if you are having email sign up or password reset issues.

10th Anniversary Annual Gathering

AGM 14 LOGO
The Mk1 Golf Owners Club is proud to announce the 2014 Annual Gathering. Click here for all the details !! Take a look at pictures from previous show, the agenda for the weekend, some FAQ's, the traders that will be coming, the location of the venue and most importantly how you can get your tickets for the event !!

Mk1 Golf Owners Club Shop

Come and visit our new shop where you can all get your hands on our club branded merchandise, remember paid members get discounts on all products so please check the members lounge for details.

Official Parts Supplier

Official Sponsor

funkstargif1.gif

Car Of The Month - July 2014 Winner - Litlekris

The Person Hi, I'm Chris, I've had a love for Mk1 Golfs since my 1997 when I purchased my first car, a mars red 1.3 Driver, I've had several mk1's over the years but this car I've owned the longest, over 5 years. I remember the forum from it's beginnings and first became a paid member when I was living in Jamaica for a couple years. I did have a Helios Blue mk1 GTi over there but never managed to get it on the road. I also own a 16S and a mk1 Scirocco. In the future I'd like to buy a Porsche 912 but I'm pretty sure I will be an owner of a mk1 for the rest of my life which in turn means I'll never be rich..

The Purchase When I knew I would be returning from a sojourn in the Caribbean I bought her from the classifieds of this forum blind and crossed my fingers, the advert is still on the server! I paid via paypal and when I got off the plane in Gatwick, caught a coach to Bournemouth and then drove her home to London with no problems. I didn't know about her paint code until after I purchased her, but she is a rare european schwarz metallic black, LP9V, but it quickly became my favourite..

The Project I didn't need to do anything with her apart from some personal touches and she was ultra reliable and pulling strong and I took her out on the rally at the AGM in 2009. Over the years I've used her gently and only really spending money on maintenance. I took her off the road for a winter to sort some bodywork out and now as I'm enjoying her as a second car she spends her time in the garage waiting for sunny weekends

If you would like your car featured as a Car of the month, you need to be a Paid Member

Our Discount Partners

CQSidebanner.jpg
classicvw.jpg
asap.jpg
carhoodsdirect.jpg
dmb.jpg
ecp.jpg
frost.jpg
spax.jpg
Newton150.jpg
shopnshine.jpg
tyretraders.jpg