Skip navigation

Front fog lamps (fitting)

Back to the top

Help ?

OK Forum I've "found" some nice fog lamps and as you do. I started thinking (they'd look good on the Golf). Its a 1989 "big bumper" poking about and thinking (dangerous combination). Question please, do I need "special" (unobtainable) fitting brackets ??? Over to you and thanks.

Back to the top
assuming they are the square things you did used to get optional extra ones that fitted under the bumper to the metal skin, depending what fixings you have included with the lamps this could be easy or tricky to do. Ideally you would want to make some kind of C shape bracket to go round the plastic skin rather than cutting notches out of it to get access to the metal skin

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Thanks for that rubjonny, I was hoping there might have been a specific fitting kit ? OK, then lets see what I can engineer by being resourceful and thinking out of the box. No. I don't do cutting an mauling about unless its a last resource (and the instructions say so !)

Back to the top
yeah you could get a proper fitting kit back in the day, but getting one now isnt going to be easy I expect :(a mk2 small bumper foglamp fitting kit would probably work well enough as well, also I guess scirocco will be similar

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.