Skip navigation

1977 yellow mk1 polo n

Back to the top

1977 yellow mk1 polo n

Hi guys
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, 1977 mk1 polo n, 2 previous same family owners, 27,000 miles, full service history, 895cc engine, original tyres, Zeibarted as a factory optional extra, so body and underneath is still like new.

Car needed a good clean when i picked it up, Zeibart removed from sills, lower front and rear valence, washed, clayed, polished and waxed.
Interior stripped out, seats, and rubber mats, and given a good clean.
Front grill had faded so it was removed and i painted it with Halfords matt black bumper paint, and a silver surround pinstrip and vw badge.
Plans are to run it standard untill i decide on a more powerfull engine, 1.4 Afh either on carbs or wired in as a valver, 1.6 gti bottom end with 1.4 Afh head on bike carbs, or even maybe the 1.4 tdi pd from 2000 to 2001 mk5 6n2 polo's (still looking into this one, don.t think its been done before)
Lower it, and run it on a nice set of retro wheels.

Day i got it back home

Then before during and after cleaning

Zeibart everywhere!

Grill before

And after

And a couple with the golf in the garage

Back to the top
love these cars

gotta get me one!!!

Banner

Back to the top
Looks pucker! Proper find you got there  :D

Back to the top
wow what a find, amazing condition
i love the brake pads on these, they look like there from a mountain bike :)
cool car

Back to the top
8)  8)  8) very nice  :D
dazbaggies  :wink:  :wink:

Banner

Back to the top
You're a lucky man, that's tasty  8)

My New Year's resolutions are: 1. Stop making lists. B. Be more consistent. 7. Learn to count.

Back to the top
agreed - lovely wee polo!

Back to the top
Great find - Seventies VWs always have fond memories. Think you'll find, though, that Ziebart was never a factory option, maybe a dealer aftermarket option.

Back to the top
That stuff definitely did it's job that looks spotless. Why can't I ever find gems like this. Bet you got it for pittance aswell? Mate bought 1 of these about 5 years ago but it was a bit rotten so he scrapped it and regrets it now.

Back to the top
wow that looks mint  8)  what a great find, cool colour too  :wink:

Back to the top
Excellent find!, keep us posted on the progress.

Dib

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top
Wow always loved these.
Where did you find it? 77 is a really early one too.

What cleaning stuff are you using as it's taken the black off really well?

I really want a 76 one, I loved my 79 that I restored and its still going strong now with it's new owner.

Keep this updated as I stopped going on the mk1 polo forum incase I ended up buying another one :)

My scrapyard:
1959 Karmann Ghia
1978 Merc 350SL
1981 Jetta Coupe
1985 bmw e30 chrome
1990 bmw e30 V8 touring
2000 bmw e39 M5
Wife - 2005 Mini D, 1959 Beetle

Back to the top

Back to the top
what a little treasure.. hope the interior stays standard, it's amazing as it is, people search forever and pay a fortune to get there interiors to a similar spec and condition..

Back to the top
WOW! what a gem you got there. TF reg number would be from NORTH WEST when new.

Back to the top
Wow thats the nuts mate ! Loving the dash , seat belt buckles and is the inner door pop part of the arm rest ?? Awsome !

Are you going to give it a shot of clear waxoil so it lasts another 30 odd years ?

Back to the top
Absolutely Incredible matey! I was chasing a similar one awhile ago, but that is unbelievably mint!
Lucky devil! :D

1983 Driver.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Fantastic, what a find. Front grill looks Audi'esq to me, I believe the Audi 50 came 6 months before the Mk1 Polo before they discontinued the Audi. But I digress, your Polo is a diamond - love it !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_50

Oh and this is er nice too…

1990 Singlecab 2.1 manual

Back to the top
looks great....

"Mk1 Golf Gti..all things to all men"

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.