Skip navigation

UNA 199X

Back to the top

81 gti

hi chaps , bought my golf about a year ago now and always meant to join on here . now here i am . 1st person to know my car or the history /any previous owners wins haha, as since my ownership people have recognized the car and i believe it to have come from the porsmouth area in the last few years! perhaps one of you owned it due to having an owners club tax disc holder in it?? anyway here it is …….

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/550803_10151823080250422_1507705364_n.jpg

Back to the top
Hi Luke and welcome to the forum. Lovely MK1 you have.

Back to the top
Cheers smudger ! She's not a bad old girl 1.6 140 odd k …. This picture was taken last summer at dc12. Just after Christmas this year the car underwent some welding work , new outer sills both sides , patched inners , inner arches had some attention and a half rear panel was fitted :) o and a rear wheel arch too  sooo as of 2 weeks time it's going in for a full repaint in the original Schwartz black . Literally cannot wait! I will dig out some pictures of the previous works and obv over the next few weeks there will be a fair few snaps being taken ! 

Back to the top
Welcome Luke - looks stunning mate, doesn't look like it needs a respray but look forward to seeing that too!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Wow Luke,that's one sorted looking mk1 mate :cool:im about to start a full on resto on mine,same year,colour and engine as yours but mines a wreck,seeing yours is very inspirational though matey :thumbs:

Back to the top
Looks like an absolute beaut!
Love the number plate, bet you get asked if it's private a lot like me from people that don't realise it's just old! mines LUL 950X and I get it all the time!

- Project 5dr gl - 16v Kr - R1 Carbs = Back On Road

Back to the top
Looks nice on the G60's, nice car mate!!

Back to the top
Cheers guys :) To be honest it is pretty clean and doesn't really need a full repaint but the door bottoms are on there way out so I have some rust free Lhasa green ones that are going on. Obv to make it look right both sides of the car are being repainted totally rather than just the doors but seeing as the rear panel is being done I just as well finish the car off, roof , boot , bonnet etc as that's all that will be left with old paint…. Will look great fingers crossed ! To to be honest I haven't had any comments on the plate yet ! Except a great aunt called una at a family do a whole back haha. G60's I think go hand in hand with the mk1's "simple" look although its currently sat back on the tarantulas …..

Back to the top
I was going to ask if it had a name but thought it might be obvious :lol:

Nice looking car.

Black GTI's are the best but can be possesed by the devil!…..Trust me……..and Ansar!

My Black one got renamed Damien off of the film The Omen!

Back to the top
haha had some bad luck have we?

Back to the top

s3_luke said

haha had some bad luck have we?

If he has it doesn't show in his car :lol:

Yomp's MK1 is absolutely mint. Check out his thread. Pretty much faultless :)

Back to the top
So its been over two years, but my "it doesn't need a full respray" was totally wrong……the old golf had a pair of wings , pair of doors, outer sills , repaired inner sills, inner rear arches , outer arches, half a rear panel and a front panel! Took me by surprise but I've learnt a lot thats for sure. Anyway heres some pictures :ocf_emoticons__icon_eek: 

Back to the top

Back to the top
i will add more pictures when i dig them out , underneath was stripped off, cleaned up ,sealed , new quiffs braided lines and various stainless brackets, new brake lines , exhaust right through and some fresh h&r coilovers, i didn't go mental though , at the end of the day it still gets driven fairly hard so i didn't want a car that i could eat my dinner off the underside :)

Back to the top
I found a few more from when it was in Kustom Kolors …

Back to the top
What a transformation though mate, she looks fantastic!! :wub:  :cool:

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

What a transformation though mate, she looks fantastic!! :wub:  :cool:

You took the words right out of my mouth!  :wub:  :cool:  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Can't beat a MK1 with a new shiny paint job  :wub:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
thanks all, its a lovely car now but its given a fair amount of stress, I've just pulled this out a barn too for a winter daily, well hopefully haha

Back to the top
Your golf looks stunning! Jetta looks like a great project  :thumbs:

Matt
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.