Skip navigation

My 1991 Blue Rivage gti

Back to the top

I just joined yesterday and was asked for some pictures so here they are.

So after a few requests here is my newly acquired mk1 golf cab Rivage which has quickly become my pride and joy

Its a 1.8 8v gti
Fully cream leather interior and carpets with electric heated seats.
BBS split rims.
Lowered
Electric roof
Electric windows
Alarm and immobiliser
Midnight blue

Ive done some work to it so far in the last week like handbrake cables, new radiator, flushed and bled the brakes, cleaned the carpets to like new, new washer bottle and a general good clean and tidy up.
Ive still some work to do like fitting the replacement hydraulic ram for the roof when it comes and figure out the fault on the heated seats but other than that its an absolute belter of a car.

Sorry the pics rent great, had to take them in my garage as it was lashing down but here you go,
Hope you all like

Back to the top

Blue Rivages were painted Classic Blue pearl metallic paint.
LC5N paint code.

Leather interior was optional Extra on Blue cars too.

What's the plans back to standard or more mods?

Looks clean though.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Yeah its in great condition. Im just going to keep it as standard as possible really. ive got the original wheels still and nothings been changed on it so i think thats the best way

Back to the top
thats nice ...keep the good work up .i have the same car great

Back to the top
id send some pics mate but dont no how to O_o

Back to the top
You have to use photobucket to upload pics mate.

Thanks, the girlfriends barely seen me in 2 weeks since i got it lol

Back to the top

Bradcab said

Yeah its in great condition. Im just going to keep it as standard as possible really. ive got the original wheels still and nothings been changed on it so i think thats the best way

Nice car you have there and a very shiney engine, not sure if you know but the front grill is the wrong one, its from an older car.

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Yep grille is wrong, quite a few bits changed like the wheels which you have. But steering wheel, gear knob, door pulls, mirror adjustors, rear window winders, door pins, fan speed control knob and direction sliders.
All easy bits to get hold of if you want to go back to standard.
Important thing is roof down in summer and enjoy it.
You can change those bits as you go along unless you've got the bits already. Do you still have the Rivage graphics on the lower rear quarters?
I'd get a windblokker too, kills cabin pressure wind noise etc. Best thing I've bought.

Back to the top
So all the chrome interior parts arent original to the rivage? They all have "wolfsburg edition" on them.

i do like the extra bit of chrome inside though to brighten it up a bit and far prefer the bbs to the originals.

Yeah the quarters have Rivage on them.
Ill have a look at the windblocker thanks

So does the original grille not have the chrome trim then?

Looking now on google images i can see there is a few bits added like the rear lights are blue which id like to change to original orange red and clear and same with the indicators

Last edit: by Bradcab

Back to the top
nope the chrome bits are not origional to the car.
Grille should be standard twinlight late. No chrome trim.
Standard rear lights. Orange front and side indicator lenses.

Get in contact with Shughy for a windblokker too.

Back to the top
Looks tidy mate  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Right thats good to know. Thanks alot. I can pick up those bits easy enough through ebay or something or swap them for the chrome parts. Wont do it all just yet though, needs an mot first.

Im glad the rear lights need changing because i dont like the blue effect ones that are on it now

Back to the top
Wolfsburgh is the city where the VW Factory had their assembly plant, however the Cabby was only made in Osnabruck, Germany by Karmann.  They didn't want to interrupt production of the tin tops, MK2 by the later cabbies. So the corrado and Scirocco were Karmann made too. You can see a glimpse of the Karmann factory in my  Sig.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.