Skip navigation

83 Gti set to get full resto

Back to the top

My 83 Gti set to get full restoration

more good work, fair play to you mate - gonna be good when all finished!!!!!!!!   :)

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
Sure will, cheers Richie :thumbs:

Back to the top
Awesome work Andy. Must be nearly finished now. What the hell are you going to do with all your spare time when it's done?  :lol:

Ian ;)

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

borednow said

Awesome work Andy. Must be nearly finished now. What the hell are you going to do with all your spare time when it's done?  :lol:

Ian ;)

Yeah, nearly there Ian. I'm looking for another one :o  Got bigger plans tho :whistle:
 :whistle:

Back to the top
Fancy a drive down to "just past" the midlands for a day out and a break from your golf… Hot teas a plenty? I'll be you best friend lol

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
Nice try, the tea is really tempting :lol:   What's up like Alfie?

Back to the top
Fantastic work on the A-pillar Andy. Mine has rust in that spot too, I'm hoping thought it's only on the outside and not so bad but I'm not counting on it!  :lol:

When's the big day for it going in the body shop?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

borednow said

Ian ;)

Yeah, nearly there Ian. I'm looking for another one :o  Got bigger plans tho :whistle:

Oh yeah! Sounds intriguing? Hmmm do I smell a space frame racer on the cards?  :ninja:

Ian ;)

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Fantastic work on the A-pillar Andy. Mine has rust in that spot too, I'm hoping thought it's only on the outside and not so bad but I'm not counting on it!  :lol:When's the big day for it going in the body shop?
That's how mine started mate, just a small hole. It's not that difficult a job once you know how it's all put together.

Was supposed to be going to the body shop mid next week but the body shop are delayed with a 'Hot Rod' they are doing, by 5-6 weeks :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:I'm just going to spend this time trial fitting the engine, FMIC, arch spats etc, just so all the holes etc are drilled before paint :thumbs:

Back to the top

borednow said

Melteddrummer said

borednow said

Ian ;)

Oh yeah! Sounds intriguing? Hmmm do I smell a space frame racer on the cards?  :ninja:

Ian ;)

:whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle:

Back to the top
Your work on the 'A Pillar' has left me speechless!
 :ocf_emoticons__notworthy:  :ocf_emoticons__notworthy:  :ocf_emoticons__notworthy:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Cheers, Mike, much appreciated :$

Back to the top
Oh shame on the delay - at least it gives you time to check, re-check and fettle!!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Very small update.

Things have been very quiet down the unit the past few weeks as the bodywork is pretty much done now. I did find one other thing to fix though, which is a latch for one of the door check straps, which had snapped off at some point.

I think it must have had a shunt at some time.

in

out

Something has definitely happened here before as it was all split, so chopped a square out to investigate.

Cleaned up and weld thru primer applied

New patch

Forgot to get a pic of the latch welded in as I closed it back before I remembered :lol:

Etch primered

I also unearthed my 1.8T ready to be fitted before the shell goes off to the painters

I've basically got three weeks to trial fit this engine as I'm off to Goa on the 20th November for a wedding and when I get back the shells going off to the painters. So not much time O_o

That's it for now peeps.

Back to the top
Nice work Andy, have you got all the mounts ready to go?

Back to the top
Yeah got all the mounts, just need to fit a bush in one of them, this is why I wan't to trial fit now, so I can get the bush in the correct position inside the mount.

Need to fit FMIC as well :thumbs:

Back to the top
its coming on

is the colour going to stay standard?

Banner

Back to the top
Yeah staying Mars Red, it's the fastest colour after all!!

Back to the top
More top work andy! And almost paint time  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

What are your plans for the engine?

Back to the top

pazwaa said

More top work andy! And almost paint time  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

What are your plans for the engine?

1.8T with K04 turbo and 02A Gearbox, going to be running standard ECU.   Just been down to try the 02A gearbox on the engine and it don't fit :P Not sur if I'm missing something but there's more holes on the engine than there is on the gearbox O_o

Here's a couple of pics to show what I mean

Any Ideas anyone?
There are too many online users to list.