Skip navigation

Hello !!

Back to the top
Morning all ,New Clipper owner signing in .. Hoping to have a trawl through the forum and see what I`ve let myself in for ! 

Back to the top

Hello !!

Welcome mate,

Can't beat a cabby.
Love mine always puts a smile on my face.
You got some pics of the motor?
There's lots of info on here. In the top left corner of the page is the google search box. Worth it's wait in gold.
One thing I'd recommend is getting windblokker kills the cabin noise and air pressure. Well worth having.

Cheers

chortle

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Welcome to the club first of all. 
Please put up some photos of yours as we can never see enough! 

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
WP_20151003_17_46_53_Pro.jpg
6  hrs on the outside and its 3/4`s done .. meguiars ,T cut , Autoglym , Interior is filthy but will come up lovely .No rips or anything

Back to the top
I`m also on the look out for a couple of the above pictured wheel trims ^^^^^ If anyone can help ?

Back to the top
nice looking car… love the chrome …wheel trims? dont you fancy some nice alloys?  bbs or ronals? p slots.?

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
Maybe a set of early Tarantulas .. If not standard trims    .. only need 2 really as the clips are tired on the current ones

Back to the top

Hello !!

Are the clips removable? Might just be able to get new clips. Just a thought.

Cheers
chortle

Back to the top

chortle said

Are the clips removable? Might just be able to get new clips. Just a thought.

Cheers
chortle

Sadly not , solid plastic dish with the wire ring clipped in , a few have snapped off due to age

Back to the top

Hello !!

Dayum… That's a shame.

Back to the top

chortle said

Dayum… That's a shame.

I`m sure a set will be along on Ebay at somepoint .. I started removing the seats today to do a thorough clean . The car looks to have been well cared for by the previous owners despite the current surface grime . All seats were absolutely filthy, but with a bit of effort are coming up lovely . sections under the rear seat and side panels have been treated with waxoil .. Absolutely no corrosion anywhere .. Under neath is solid,coated and never welded

Back to the top

Hello !!

They didn't skimp when they waxed these cars.

When I had cloth seats in my old cabby I used the aqua vac on them plus the carpets. Came up a treat.
The issue with the seats on these cars is seat bolster wear.  Drivers side collapses then you get wear in the cloth it's self, even a hole. Ideally you could swap the passenger and drivers seat base foam cushions and covers from one side to the other.  That way the outer Bolster on the drivers side that gets bashed becomes the passenger inside bolster  next to the gear stick and vice versa.
About an hours work. But worth doing to save the seats.  I did a seat refurb guide in the how to section.

Back to the top
All seats have come up "mint", there is minimal sag on the foam on the drivers side  bolster but that's it .. she really is a beauty ..    cam belt, service etc and then she,ll be ready to roll , maybe an early set of 13 inch alloys if the trims don't materialise

Back to the top
Nice looking cabby Lee, I think I recognise your user name from over on the Brickyard.  :thumbs:

I might have a set of tarantulas going spare if you decide to go down that route but it's nice to see a Clipper on original wheel trims.  :cool:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

GavB95 said

Nice looking cabby Lee, I think I recognise your user name from over on the Brickyard.  :thumbs:

I might have a set of tarantulas going spare if you decide to go down that route but it's nice to see a Clipper on original wheel trims.  :cool:

Yes Indeed mate .. recently sold my Bluestar. As a family it was too small for the camping trips.. Can you get back to me re the Tarantulas with price etc please .. Cheers
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.