Skip navigation

hello from a newbie

Back to the top

new car yeahhh

hello just joined the group with first vw golf mk1 cabriolet its very tidy but want to change roof to black i think and new black alloys and also tune engine bait its 1.8 8v any recommendations to places to buy from and best bits to buy
 or would you recommend keeping original like it is a 2 owner from new standard ???  thoughts please thank you new team mates 

Last edit: by Lilia's golf

Back to the top
Welcome to the club !!

All whites are pretty rare now
See the brochure here:
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=galleries&type=misc&id=the_all_white_cabriolet

You can get a new roof in black pretty easily, have a look through our discount partners.

Wheels are a personal choice :-)

I would make sure that the engine is giving what the factory intended first, a good service with new plugs etc. after that a k&n air filter or a freer flowing exhaust - check you insurance first though.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
It's down to you I guess as you will be living with it, but you don't see an all white very often now, if it was me I would keep it original as possible - maybe some bigger wheels but in Silver.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Quite a rare thing so I would keep it original, or at least keep any bits you change so you can put it back to standard should you ever sell it.

Back to the top
welcome to the fold

its all personal preference with changes and upgrades, if you do anything make sure to store the orginal bits so it can be put back to standard.

Back to the top
thank you everyone so much for advice didn't relies it was so rare,been out in it today and defo turned a few heads and certainly picks its feet up i will defo keep the white roof on then from you advice
i will update as i go along smartening the new family member up !!

Back to the top
Hi.welcome aboard  :thumbs:

Banner

Back to the top
A very warm welcome to the Club!

As others have said, it's fairly rare so please keep it original, you won't regret it!  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
whites are getting rare in good condition.. keep its original look and if time get hard, use as a wedding car.. i was looking for a good white one but in the end failed
 lol

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
Welcome aboard,
Summer soon be here so enjoy it, roofs  need looking after too, so make sure you clean it and use a good protection like 303 areospace for vinyl.
Enjoy.

If your planning work on the car start a project post in the your projects forum, so we can keep an update of your progress.
Cheers

Chortle

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
welcome aboard, its great to see another cabby owner

:thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Chris

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.