Skip navigation

F C Purcer 434/452 Old Kent Road, London

Back to the top

F C Purcer 434/452 Old Kent Road, London

My car was supplied by the above company in 1984.

The firm has now been taken over by Alan Day but is still a VW dealership, unfortunately they don't have any old staff members or literature to show the old style dealership lettering on the number plates.

I've looked before and cant find any, nor have I ever seen a car with F C Purcer number plates on still (may explain why they've been taken over!!).

Does anyone else have a car thats come from that dealership or a photograph of the number plate lettering please????  :dontknow:

Ta.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Yeah my cabriolet was from there! But doesn't have the original plates anymore. I'm getting a guy to make some up for me plus tax disc holder and rear dealer sticker. Will let you know how I get on. His work looks spot on.

1990 MK1 Golf GTI Cabriolet
1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
Cheers Chris!!!

At last someone else who went to that dealer!! You going to the AGM??  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Yeah i'm coming! & can"t wait!

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
This is what I have been working on photoshop today.

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
When you've done yours, would you mind making me a rear sticker and a tax disc holder please?

I'll keep my own plate thanks!!  :lol: but I wouldn't mind a copy of the text if possible and I may make a set of plates up in the future - just got some new plain ones done on mine.

Back to the top

Dano said

When you've done yours, would you mind making me a rear sticker and a tax disc holder please?

I'll keep my own plate thanks!!  :lol: but I wouldn't mind a copy of the text if possible and I may make a set of plates up in the future - just got some new plain ones done on mine.

I'm not making them, another guy is. I'll PM his details to you. Then he can print two sets off!

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top
Chrissy those photoshops look great :)

Back to the top

AntF said

Chrissy those photoshops look great :)

Cheers! Having them made up at the moment. Will post up some photos once fitted

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
Pursers is literally 5 mins walk from where i live. Was nit aware it went until i saw these strange posters in the window.They are stil there up to now and does not indicate what its going to be changed into.They have only moved about ten minutes away

Back to the top
Hummmm, I wonder if there's any old literature left in there is 'rescue'!!!!  :wink:

Back to the top
Will pass by and if anyones in there will ask..Mind you,the people i did see in there looked like new age hippys  !!!  lol

Back to the top
Thanks Jerry.

In an old dusty filing cabinet there will be some old items just waiting to be rescued!!!  :lol:

Back to the top
Hi Chris

Glad everything was good for you buddy.

Will be very nice to see them fitted  :D

Cheers

Chris @ PRP

Back to the top

PRP said

Hi Chris

Glad everything was good for you buddy.

Will be very nice to see them fitted  :D

Cheers

Chris @ PRP

Thanks for a spot on job Chris

1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
Hi Chris

Wow, they look fab fitted mate.

Glad they are OK for you. They seemed to be very popular at the VW Northwest show yesterday at Tatton Park.

One thing i noticed on your rear window sticker is that you need to peel the clear backing away from the outer edge of the sticker. Use a stanley blade in one corner and gently peel it away  :D

Cheers

Chris
Passion Restoration Products

Back to the top
I had a guy take a photo of my rear window sticker at the tatton show, SCOTTS of Sloane Square, London its is a bit faded but the original one.

MK1 Golf Cabby - C439 CHM Now sold replaced with a motorbike due to being unable to park cars at work!!!!!!
MK1 Golf GTI - ELV 216Y (Elvis) NOW SOLD!!! MAYBE TO BE REPLACED BY???
MK2 Golf VR6 Project car

Back to the top

johno said

I had a guy take a photo of my rear window sticker at the tatton show, SCOTTS of Sloane Square, London its is a bit faded but the original one.

Hi Johno

Would it be possible for you to email me a picture too please. I had a trade stand at Tatton yesterday and had no time to go out and have a look round.

Ive been after that sticker for a while as I done for sets of plates for a dealership up in stirling and they were after the rear window sticker too.

chris@passionrestorationproducts.com

Many thanks

Chris
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.