Skip navigation

advice on buying a mk1 golf

Back to the top

whats the value of the car ?

Hi i am a new member and i wanted to ask a few questions on a mk1 campaign golf gti i am looking into buying. The car has 112,000 miles on the clock and was built in 1983 and the underneith is really clean and solid but the interior needs restoring and paintwork but the car doesnt have much rust on it. So really i was wondering what you guys think of the actual value of the car so i can have a rough idea before i take things further as at the moment i dont really have an idea as to what price i should offer

Back to the top
What's it up for sale at?

Banner

Back to the top
well the owner doesnt have a price as he is unsure himself and i didnt want to make him an offer until am completly sure on what the car is worth

Back to the top
MoT?

anything mechanical need doing?

engine bay a mess, or standard looking with all the parts etc in the right place?

any mods?

correct wheels?

correct suspension or cheap coilovers?

how's the bodywork condition around the sunroof?

how bad is the interior, do all the seats need recovering/replacing, or is it further? Dashboard? door and side trim cards? etc

Back to the top
A fist full of photos would go a very long way in helping here if you can take some.  :thumbs:
Need to be taken from every angle, every place, underneath and under the bonnet as well!  ;)

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Are Campaigns not only 1984 cars on an A plate ?

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Chris I think 83 as well but I'll let the real Campaign experts wade in on that!  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Short answer: no

Back to the top
as above pictures would help, colour ? how many owners its had can have a bearing, when was it last on the road? why was it taken off?

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Sorry my mistake, I meant A plate from August 1983 on but not a Y plate.

At least I knew what I was trying to say 😁

Back to the top
September 83 Massbad69 for campaign mate but I do believe there could be some exception for before.

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
Pmsl Massbad69 think we were typing at the same time 😂

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top

Back to the top

paul_c said

MoT?

anything mechanical need doing?

engine bay a mess, or standard looking with all the parts etc in the right place?

any mods?

correct wheels?

correct suspension or cheap coilovers?

how's the bodywork condition around the sunroof?

how bad is the interior, do all the seats need recovering/replacing, or is it further? Dashboard? door and side trim cards? etc

well the cars mot ends on the end of april and the car has no mods on it mechanically its original and the paintwork on the car is original too its a metalic grey and the car has its original campaign wheels and the sunroof has a new rubber seal on it and i was underneith the car and its solid "chassis rails and floor pans and the interior does need restoring the seats are torn in a few areas and the headliners loose aswell but apart from that the cars in good nick even the engine bay but the owner doesnt have a price to sell it and i just wanted to know what price i should offer to him and how much the car is worth cheers

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

A fist full of photos would go a very long way in helping here if you can take some.  :thumbs:
Need to be taken from every angle, every place, underneath and under the bonnet as well!  ;)

i shall try and get some pics for you guys

Back to the top
Hi Baddon15 just for peace of mind have you checked the car with the campaign check list what's on the forum just to make sure it is,as I don't think metallic grey is a campaign colour I could be wrong though 👍
To be honest though being in good condition is the most important thing for buying a mk1 these days campaign or not.

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
sounds like its been looked after if the sunroof seal has been changed, it is a steel sliding roof?
i paid £1100 for a white Areg campaign 12 months ago needing work, sills and floor are sound needs work on the roof wings n front panel, i also sold a Helios Blue one 9 months back again requiring a lot of work, and missing parts for £1200, however im told a runner with no mot now is worth £3000 ????  O_o

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
hopefully this is the pic of car am no good at uploading pics lol

Back to the top

Back to the top

Swerve said

Hi Baddon15 just for peace of mind have you checked the car with the campaign check list what's on the forum just to make sure it is,as I don't think metallic grey is a campaign colour I could be wrong though 👍
To be honest though being in good condition is the most important thing for buying a mk1 these days campaign or not.

Sorry i tried to upload pics but unfortunately the computers going against me can i ask how do you use the campaign check ? cheers
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.