Skip navigation

1990's Volkswagen Audi Car Magazine Articles...

Back to the top
After Richard Hall posting up a great link to scans from old 'Carnoisseur' catalogues it got me thinking I might have some issues hiding in the loft.

Unfortunately I didn't find any, but I did discover I have quite a few issues of 'Volkswagen Audi Car' magazine, mainly from the 1990's.

Having just spent the last few hours engrossed in them, I thought some of you might like to share in the MKI related articles… who knows, you might even see your old or current car featured!

It's a bit of a faff scanning/saving, then uploading to photobucket so bear with me and I'll try to add new posts reasonably often.

I'll also try to link any images so that if you click on them in post they should open in a new tab, in photobucket where you can enlarge them for better ease of reading.

Small one to start with from the September 1992 issue -

Back to the top
Nice one, thanks for this!  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Excellent, my car is in a few issues 1988 and 1989 ones ii think. I have them somewhere.  You have done a good job of scanning the first article.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
February 1993…

Back to the top
TSR G60, again February 1993…

Back to the top
Thanks for posting this one up, done me a great favour, i was wanting to replace my Neuspeed Quick Shift with a standard part and was wondering which parts i need to swap back, and here is a picture of the kit in the advert at the bottom of the article!
fonzooorooo - do you have the original parts that match the neuspeed one in the photo ?

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Todays fix, all from May '93…

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Wow. It's amazing, you go back a few years and it was all about what you could bolt on… clipper kits, hood scoops, square lights etc..
Now people are much for the original look of the car.

Now is better  :lol:I am jealous of the Audi tilt and slide sunroof though

Back to the top
I'd rather have the car on page 6 than the one that made it onto the cover..  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I love looking back over the old mk1 golf articles - thanks for posting them up. I had a bbs kit I was going to put on my mk1 tintop but chickened out with all the drill holes - I like them when their kitted out.  ;)  

Very retro in the eighties and early ninety's.  :)

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Just had a look at the DVLA site for the cars shown so far.

Red Rocket seems to have died in 2007.
Early Helios Blue and Supercharger one no details so could have gone onto private plate, same with the Awesome car.
Oettinger car is currently Sorn'd

Last edit: by RichardHall

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Pretty sure I sold the blue gti to a lad who was a club member ,and think he's still got it

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
August 1991…

Back to the top
September 1992…

Back to the top

Back to the top
November 1989…

Back to the top

Back to the top

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.