Skip navigation

1979 gti TCI-H unit location.

Back to the top
Hi,

Trying to work out exactly where the TCI-H unit would have been located in the engine bay on my 1.6 (EG) GTi. I have had a good search about but unable to find a common location for them. People seem to have moved them about a lot.

Any thoughts?

Steve

Back to the top
Points ignition on a 79 isnt it?

Last edit: by volkswarren

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
on mine it was on a bracket bolted in the scuttle, passenger corner. id assume it would be the same for earlier models

heres a piccy (ignore the mk2 tci and 16v ecu :lol:)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

volkswarren said

Correct. Points dizzy and no TCI. 

Banner

Back to the top
On the car it came from was scuttle. Same location as my others. Except was visible and not bottom side of plate. Maybe in past such items moved away from where damp/rain drains are to keep moisture at bay.  Keep looking steveee I sent you a link BTW. 

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.